Background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Three Dimensional Embellishments

Hello all!  I wanted to share my most recent layout with you along with the 3-D embellishments that really  make the layout pop!  For Spring Break this year, we traveled to Islands of Adventure in Florida and visited Marvel Island.  I knew that I wanted this layout to jump out at you and have a comic book feel.  So I based the layout on the sketch from NAS and did some misting on the cardstock for my background.  As I started building the layout, I thought that it would be neat to pop some of the stars.  So I used my Cricut George cartridge and cut three stars.  Each star would be slightly smaller than the previous.  Then I began chalking.  The bottom layer had the most chalking with each following layer to be chalked a bit less giving the dimension I was looking for.  Then I layered them adding pop dots and VOILA.  They jumped right out at ya!  I thought that this would be great to try on banners, butterflies, etc. 

Here is the sketch!




Here is my layout!
 Here is a close up of those 3-D embellishments.

These really do add dimension to a layout!  Try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment