Background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Show and Tell Saturday - Scraps

I love searching through all of the amazing blogs and sites looking for creative techniques to use on my layouts and altered projects.  So each Saturday, I thought that I might share some of my finds.  This week, I found some amazing ideas for using your scrapbooking paper scraps.  Check these out!

Tip Junkie shared a really cute idea to use your scraps and some wire to create these adorable twist ties for your altered projects and handmade gifts!


I found these amazing little "crackers" at Homespun with Heart that would be perfect for any holiday.  I can envision Easter crackers with carrot confetti.  Check these out!

 I love to make banners and pennants.  They can be a focus of the layout or understated like in this sample from Glitter Girl.  What a great way to use your scraps.


I love how Wendy Sue from Two Peas used her strips of scraps (and you could use ribbon too) to layer and then cut a shape for a cute accent.  You could cut any shape.  Here is her Christmas layout!




I really love Jen's understated background using her paper scraps and negatives of her die cuts!  Way cute!

And last but not least, washi tape is all the rage.  So let's make our own.  Check out the Aesthetic Nest's tutorial for using your patterned paper scraps!





Hope you enjoyed our first installment of Show and Tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment