Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Puffy Paint Technique

I loved the pictures of my niece playing with the blue ball at our house and I wanted to create a unique embellishment to add to the page.  So I pulled some round chipboard Lil Davis Designs numbers (yep they are old) and decided to cover them with paint.  Oops - no white paint left!  So I pulled out the puffy paint.  On a tray, I squirted a big blob of puffy paint and added some blue MM paint and swirled it a bit.  Then I dipped and dried.  It created a marbeled effect which was glossy just like the ball.  It took a while to dry but the results matched really well.

You could do this with any chipboard letters or shapes.  Swirls of blue and green to mimic the water, a mixture of variants of red, orange, and yellow to mimic fire etc.  Try it out!

This layout was created for a sketch challenge at For the Love of Sketches!  This is an amazing sketch site with great prizes!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment