Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

7 Ways to Use your Paper Scraps

Hello everyone again!  Summer is really flying by and scrappy time seems harder and harder to get but I keep trying!  For today's installment of 7 ways, I am going to show you my favorite ways to use my paper scraps.

I organize my scraps in two ways.  Larger scraps go into a set of Rubbermaid drawers and the smaller ones - well most of them - go into an accordion file that I found on clearance from Paper Studios.  The problem is that I can only fit some of my scraps into the file.  I still have yet to go through the greens and neutral colors.  So OBVIOUSLY, I need to use up my scraps.  Here are a few ideas!

1.  Pick smaller scraps of the same color and shade and layer them for a background!  Here I did that behind the photos and made them a bit more cohesive by adding gems to them!
2.  Take your scraps and punch a bunch of tags.  Then set them next to each other for a cute border/trim idea!
3.  Take the scraps and make cute little journaling cards.  These would be perfect for a layout, postcard, travel journal, or any card!

4.  Stamp and cut some journaling spots for layering on a card or layout later! I love doing this in front of the TV!




5.  One of my favorite technique - paper or stamp piece!  I also used scraps for the borders, letters (I glued to chipboard first), and all the die cuts!
6.  Of course - the go to idea - use the scraps on a card or two like I did with the scraps from the Butterbeer layout!
7.  And finally, those long strips of leftover paper, punch a bunch of trims using your favorite border punches and scissors and save them in a file for later.  Here, I punched 3 flower trims and used them to anchor my layout.  They were of course just leftover cardstock!
Here I layered those strips of paper or trims to create a unique background paper!  This idea came from one of the awesome ideas at Cookin' Up Creations in their Blue Plate Specials!

I hope that you enjoyed some of my ideas!  Check back next week when we alter and use up some of those Prima flowers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment