Background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Viewmaster Slides Tutorial and Handmade Embellishment Linky Party

I have loved the trend of Viewmaster slides as of late but I haven't been able to find them in my LSS.  So then I started thinking . . . Cassy . . . why not make some of your own to coordinate with your layouts.  So I started playing with punches and such and here is what I came up with.  I made several of different sizes for the following layout for my NAS DT reveal.  The layout also made Cookin' Up Creation's layout of the week!  YAY!


And here is how I made the slides:

1.  First I gathered supplies.  I needed a circle (mine was a 3" circle), coordinating scraps, a 1" square punch - or you could hand cut them, a rectangle and oval hand punch, and a 1" circle punch.





2.  Next, I place a small mark on the top, bottom, left, and right to line things up.  I used my quilting mat that I work on for that but a ruler would work just fine,




3.  Then I glued a 1" square next to each mark.  You will need 12 squares in total for a 3" circle.




4.  I then glued 2 squares in between each of my marked squares and I trimmed an old paper flower and punched a coordinating 1" circle and glued them in the center.


5.  And finally, I erased the marks and punched 4 rectangles and just nipped the edges in between each square with the oval punch to create the round marks.




Here is another layout that I created recently with a handmade embellishment.  I found the flower tutorial on Pintrest and couldn't resist making a smaller version.  I also trimmed the outside edge to make a more delicate flower when I was finished.


So share with us your favorite handmade embellishment.  Link back to your blog if possible and we will have a collection of amazing inspiration.  Also, I will again send out a small RAK for the random drawing for anyone who enters.  Remember you can link up to five projects, cards, or layouts!  Last week's winner was Jan!



No comments:

Post a Comment