Background

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Altered Teacher's Gift

I have been holding on to these older Maya Road tins for a couple of years and decided to try something different and alter them.  They could be put on a tray for a gift, like the picture shown, or you could add magnets and they could attach to a dry erase board of file cabinet!  They were so easy to alter and I used my scraps!

I cut 6, 3/8" x 8" strips of paper.  Then I used my handy dandy Tombo Mono-adhesive - green bottle only - to attach them.  I used the same glue to add 8 1/2" ribbon scraps to the lid. 

Then I did a shredded flower, painted it with some Shimmerz and glitter, layered it with a prima and a school brad and added a jewelry tag.  The tray is from a dollar store and it is magnetic also so they could stay here!  I shredded some paper to add color!  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment