Background

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Eye Candy - Tutorial

I love all the new shiny bits and baubles that many of the scrapbooking companies have come out with lately and I new as soon as I saw them that I had to try to make my own.  I tried label paper with glossy accents, inking them, chalking them, pearling them, alcohol inking them, hot glue dots (which I had a hard time making a actual bauble), and more.  Each time the product wasn't quite what I was looking for.  Just using glossy accents left flimsy pieces that seemed to bend and stick to itself too much.  So this time I tried something a bit different.

First, I used Aleene's Tack it Over & Over glue (you remember - the stuff I use to make my own pop dots?)  and placed small dots on the backside of a vinyl sheet that was used up.


I gave it a moment to dry.  Meanwhile, I punched lots and lots of circles with a regular circle hole punch.  I love this because I used up so many little scraps!  Then I stuck each dot on the glue and covered a bit with glossy accents.  Don't be shy here.  It will shrink a little when it is done and you want a bauble not a shiny dot!  Although you can go over with a second coating of glossy accents.  Let dry and VOILA!  The dots come off easy due to the tack-it and stick to any project.  Best yet, I can make them in any color, number, etc.  Here is a picture of the dots that I made.  Looks like that dot candy from when you were a kid right??


No comments:

Post a Comment