Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bookpage Ruffle Tutorial

I was inspired by Leah Fung's flower tutorial and decided to twist it up a bit.  I used old book pages to create this distressed and "fluffy" ruffle.  Here is the layout that I created using this idea.






So I started with the list of materials.  I used a scalloped circle sizzix die, old bookpages cut using that die, some smootch sprays and glimmer mists, and inks, a piece of sturdy thread, and of course (not pictured - a sewing machine.)


Then I spritzed the ruffles, crumpled them and uncrumpled them, then inked them and let them dry.






Then I layer the flowers in half (in groups of four) and fold them in half over the piece of string.  Then when I have them folded over the string, I feed them through the sewing machine.





Here is the final product.  Then I scrunched them up again to create the distressed look on the layout.





Hope this inspires you to try this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment