Background

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Handmade Glue Dots - yes it works!

So since I have been using a lot of these lately, I finally decided to break down and try making my own.  I had heard that they worked and since they are a bit pricey, I thought that I would give it a try.

I had saved the paper stips from my Glue Dots pkgs that I had bought.  Then I cut them into strips to fit on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of chipboard.  I stapled the ends down and broke out the Aleene's Tack it Over and Over glue.  I made dots of all sizes and thicknesses - some pop and big, some small for ribbon and such, and then some larger flat ones for flowers. I let them dry until they turned clear - around  hours.  Then I cut a piece of parchment paper to cover and VOILA!  They work like a charm!

I am told to keep them covered because if you leave them out for a long time, they will dry out but they are just like the real thing!






So in terms of savings, it cost $3.99 for a bottle of glue.  I got around 150 dots on this time around and probably can get at least 5 times that from a bottle of glue.  For around 150 to 300 (depending on size) it costs around $4.99 at my LSS.  That is a great savings!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.....I've GOT to give this a try! I'm all for being thrifty!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete